I have a small hole under the head of my penis, what is this?

When I pull my foreskin back it's under the head of my penis
I would recommend going to see your primary care doctor about this. The most likely cause of a hole in the penis such as the one you describe is a condition called hypospadias. This is a congenital condition (meaning that you are born with it) that is fairly common in men. Most cases of hypospadias are picked up in infancy or early childhood, but some minor cases might be missed and not picked up until much later. Your primary care doctor will be able to perform an examination and help figure out if this is in fact what is going on. If so, then a referral to a urologist is in order, as most cases of hypospadias should undergo surgical repair. Additionally it will be necessary to perform a complete physical examination, and potentially some other testing ( such as an ultrasound) because, occasionally, hypospadias may be associated with other abnormalities that might also have gone unrecognized. Regardless, start by calling and making an appointment with your primary care doctor at your earliest convenience. They'll be able to help you figure out what is going on, and they'll also be able to make any necessary referrals if the diagnosis is confirmed.

Other Urologists

• Dr. Thomas Scully
    Dr. Thomas Scully MD
    Urologist
    10296 Big Bend Blvd
    St. Louis, MO 63122
  • Dr. Evan Cohn
    Dr. Evan Cohn MD, FACS
    Urologist
    750 Mount Carmel Mall
    Columbus, OH 43222
  • Dr. Adam Weiser
    Dr. Adam Weiser MD
    Urologist
    750 Mount Carmel Mall
    Columbus, OH 43222