ZocdocAnswersAfter having front tooth pulled my sinuses are running. Does that happen all the time?

Question

After having front tooth pulled my sinuses are running. Does that happen all the time?

Have to keep blowing nose

Answer

Sorry to hear that you needed to have a tooth pulled, and that now you are having problems with rhinorrhea (running nose) afterwards. Let me first start out by saying that without being able to see you face to face and ask you more questions, and examine you, it will be hard to speak with any certainty as to what might be going on in your specific case. I am happy however to give you some general information, and to point you in the right direction to see the correct physician that should be able to help you out. There is no way that I am aware of how pulling and of the mandibular teeth (the teeth from your lower jaw) could cause any nose or sinus problem. However, as I am sure you are aware, the maxillary dentition (the teeth in your upper jaw) abut the maxillary sinuses (the sinuses within your cheek bones). The tooth roots can at times extend up into the floor of the maxillary sinuses, and on rare occasions when such a tooth is pulled, there becomes a draining fistula from the sinus. It is possible that pulling a maxillary tooth can cause inflammation in the maxillary sinus, or even a sinus infection that could cause draining from the sinus. I recommend that you make an appointment with an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) physician to get evaluated. they should be able to tell you what is going on after examining you. Best of luck.