ZocdocAnswersI took half of Adipex today, will it show on my drug test tomorrow?

Question

I took half of Adipex today, will it show on my drug test tomorrow?

hi i took half of adipex today around 11:30am and i have drug test and blood test tomorrow will it show on my test result or drug test,urine

Answer

I recommend that you talk to your primary care doctor. Adipex (generic name phentermine) is a medication closely related to amphetamine stimulants. It's only approved medical use is as an appetite suppressant in the short term treatment of obesity. Because Adipex is closely related to amphetamine stimulants, it can often show up as a positive amphetamine on a drug urine test. Typically amphetamines and related medications will show up as positive in the urine for up to two full days after ingesting them, so I think it is very likely that this medication will show up on your urine drug test tomorrow. If you have a medical prescription for Adipex, then it should be possible to obtain documentation from the prescribing physician in case the drug screen is positive. On the other hand, if you are using Adipex without a prescription for some of its stimulant effects, then this is also something you should talk to your primary care doctor or your addiction medicine doctor about. In this scenario, disclosing the substances that you are using to your doctors will help them treat you more effectively by working with you to reduce your dependence on these substances.