I haven't had a HSV 2 outbreak, can I still pass it on?

I just found out that I have HSV 2 it seems that I've had it for a while now, but i had sex with my boyfriend who was a virgin so I know I didn't get it from him, but I'm worried that I passed it on to him even though I don't have any of the symptoms or a outbreak
I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. If you have been infected with herpes simplex virus, then there is a chance that you can pass it along to somebody else. The viruses spreads through direct skin to skin contact between an infected and a non-infected person. The virus is most readily passed on from one person to another when there is an active and open sore associated with the infection. People that are asymptomatic are less likely to pass the virus from one person to another. Thus, without symptoms your boyfriend has less of a chance of obtaining infection that he would if you were symptomatic. However, the chances are not zero and thus you will have to decide between the two of you whether this is a risk worth taking. One other option is talk to your doctor about a medication to suppress a virus. One such virus one such medication is Valtrex. This is a medication that suppresses the virus from replicating. It does not kill off the infection but it can reduce the likelihood of passing the virus from one person to another. Again, I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can perform a detailed exam to see if you have a lesions. Whether you do or you do not have lesions, you can discuss the pros and cons of using Valtrex.