I have a very defined red dot next to my belly button, what is this?

I have a very defined red dot next to my belly button about the size of a tip. I have had it for several months, it does not hurt or itch. My clothing does not irritate my skin, the area is dry. What is this?
Thanks for your question. I recommend that you speak with a dermatologist. Problems with changes in the skin can be difficult to diagnose over the computer. This is because they so often require more detailed examination in order to know what is causing them. There are different possible explanations for what you are seeing. Trauma is one possible explanation, as it can take the skin some time to heal after trauma. This could include things that seem as mild as a sun burn, and things that are more obviously trauma such as burns and cuts. The natural response of the skin is a change that can result in redness of the nearby area. Other things that can cause redness include new skin lesions such as moles and a number of other problems. Sometimes infections can also cause problems with changes to the skin, as with chicken pox and numerous rashes that can come from both bacteria and viruses. Recent illnesses may point to a potential cause, and your doctor may ask about these. Speaking with a dermatologist is an important thing that you can do to help get the answer that you need about what could be causing your problem. Again, please speak with your doctor about this question.