ZocdocAnswersCould this be an ovarian cyst?

Question

Could this be an ovarian cyst?

I've been having pain similar to ovulation pain for about a month. Only on my left side. A little stronger than ovulation pain. It feels like a trapped gas bubble and sometimes travels up to my stomach area as well. I've been getting bloated more often too.

Answer

Abdominal pain is quite common but quite difficult to pin down without further information. That is why it is important to speak with your doctor. Pain is often divided into quadrants, and the left side is home to your spleen and your colon, among other things. If you are having pain in the left side of your body, it would be important to ask more questions about the characteristics of the pain (such as whether or not it is colicky, persistent, sharp, etc), as this information would be vital to help your doctor know what further testing or studies are needed to help keep you safe and make you well again. Please speak with your doctor about this question. Many different kinds of doctors could help you answer this question, ranging from your primary care doctor to a general surgeon or gastroenterologist, but you should speak with one of them to get the guidance that you need.