ZocdocAnswersMy penis has bumps, but I never had sex. What could be it?

Question

My penis has bumps, but I never had sex. What could be it?

Penis

Answer

Some men develop genital bumps that are normal and harmless. However, it is important to consult a doctor when you notice any changes to the appearance of your penis. If these or new bumps are growing or changing in your penis or if you notice bumps inside your scrotum or penis, a visit to your doctor is in order. What is the color of your bumps? If they are red patches or bumps, it may be the result of a skin condition, such as balanitis, psoriasis, eczema, or dermatitis, etc. Since you've never had sexual contact, you couldn't have genital warts, herpes or syphilis. There are a number of possibilities. Bumps are hard to describe; they need to be examined by a doctor. With limited information, I can only speculate. If you have tiny bumps around the rim of the head of your penis, it's possible that you might have pearly penile papules. They can either be white, pink, or sometimes red and are not painful or itchy. They are benign bumps and are considered a normal skin variation. Another harmless condition that appear on the penis is Fordyce's spots that usually appear as numerous small white or yellow bumps under the skin. Your bumps could also be small hair follicle cysts known as sebaceous cysts. These harmless bumps don't require any kind of treatment. However, it is a very good idea to visit a doctor for a thorough evaluation and a diagnosis of your bumps, and to rule out penile cancer.