Can I rely on patient confidentiality?

Hope this makes sense. I have HPV2 which is on my pregnancy records from Having my daughter 9 months ago. I am not with my daughters dad anymore and I have decided if I do meet someone else I would prefer not to tell Them How long I have had the virus for. I would never put a new partner at risk but I do struggle mentally with this condition and telling a white lie as to when I found out the I had the condition may help me move on and want to date again without the fear of rejection. My question is if I fell pregnant again could I ensure by talking to midwife that it is never disclosed that I had herpes in my previous pregnancy?
So sorry to hear about your question. This is obviously something that can be difficult for a multitude of reasons. The good news is that your doctor or midwife is likely to be your biggest ally in answering this question and helping you to move on. Human papilloma virus (HPV) is a very common virus that can lead to a number of medical problems down the line. Fortunately, these problems can be managed and avoided in many cases with excellent medical follow up. As you are aware, the virus is a very commonly shared sexually transmitted disease, and having intercourse with someone without letting him or her know that you have the infection may not be a good start to a relationship that would hopefully have trust as a founding feature. Given that you have had a daughter, any future partners would be aware that you have had relations previously, and so having this HPV virus may not be overly surprising. Again, your doctor or midwife may be a great resource as you seek to move on in your life and put this in the past, and they may have some strategies for bringing this up in the future. Please speak with your doctor or midwife.

Nearby OB-GYNs