Intense period pains post-delivery. Is that normal?

Hello, I am 32 and healthy. I gave birth naturally (no drugs) about 8,5 months ago to a baby girl. I breast feed her for about 7 months and got my period at 3 months postpartum. I notice that my periods are very different: I experience 1 or 2 days of very intense pains that feels like contractions. I am also very tied and noxious like I could pass out but never do. Is that normal? Will that be the standard for now on? or is my body still recovering from the hormonal madness it went throughout pregnancy/birth?
Sorry to hear about your pain and the changes that you have had - it is important to discuss your concerns with your doctor. In short, changes to the severity of the menstrual cycle are quite common after giving birth. You are correct in noting the hormonal changes that occur during this time period, and which continue throughout the time that a woman is breast feeding and only after ceasing begin to normalize to some degree. The ultimate determination of what will be your new normal will likely not be determined until a few months have passed after breastfeeding and after returning to your pre-pregnancy hormonal state (eg, many women are on hormonal contraceptives, which can be different during breast feeding and then change back again after breast feeding has been completed). It is hard to say what will be normal for you until that time, but it is important to discuss these concerns with your doctor so that he or she can make sure that there is nothing else that needs to be addressed during this time. Please speak with your doctor about these questions.