I have a staph infection. Did the infection get into my jaw bone?

one of the sores was on my jawline.It hascompletely healed but my jawline isextremely swollen.I also have one on my knee that drained a little a got smaller but is making no more progress. Also my eye is swollen
Sorry to hear about your condition and I recommend seeing a doctor about your symptoms. It is obviously difficult to tell you definitively whether or not your jaw is infected, but there are some general ideas that can be followed. In general, if you have increased swelling, warmth, tenderness, redness or any loss in the normal function of an area, you can likely trace this to some sort of inflammation. There are many different causes of inflammation, one of which can be infection. If you had an area of known infection that is over the top of an area that appears to be having any of those symptoms of infection currently, or is otherwise closely related to it, it is reasonable to be concerned about there being a new infection, perhaps deeper than the first. There are obviously many other possible answers as well, but speaking with a doctor should be able to help you identify what is causing your symptoms. Regardless, it appears that you have other lesions that need to be examined by a doctor, and so you should speak with your doctor about your symptoms to make sure that you are healing appropriately. Some people can become colonized with bacteria as well. Please speak with your doctor.

Nearby Infectious Disease Specialists

• Dr. Jilan Shah
    Dr. Jilan Shah MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    247 3rd Ave
    New York, NY 10010
  • Dr. Neelam Uppal
    Dr. Neelam Uppal MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    1370 Broadway
    New York, NY 10018
  • Dr. Andrew Petelin
    Dr. Andrew Petelin MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    94 East 1st Street
    New York, NY 10009

Other Infectious Disease Specialists

• Dr. Douglas Zeiger
    Dr. Douglas Zeiger MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    109 East 38th Street
    New York, NY 10016
  • Dr. Joseph Rahimian
    Dr. Joseph Rahimian MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    31 Washington Square West
    New York, NY 10011
  • Dr. David Bekhor
    Dr. David Bekhor MD
    Infectious Disease Specialist
    31 Washington Square West
    New York, NY 10011