Why do I have chest pressure?

I am 18 and male. I have gingivitis if it links anyway.I had chest pressure for a few weeks already. I have already seen a doctor about it a few months ago but was told it was nothing. They did tests with blood tests and such. Nothing. I did not go again since it went away but now it has come back. My chest has a lot more pressure, random pains, and sometimes rapid beating at random times also. I tried to make an appointment but they only had one open for next month due to college taking my time. I can not make it another time. I been wondering what it can be.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms, and I can certainly understand why this is distressing for you. In order to offer an accurate diagnosis, a doctor would need to review your entire medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. You may also require additional testing, such as an EKG. Only after collecting this information will it be possible to make recommendations. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician. Your palpitations, or rapid heart beating, could have several causes. It is possible you are simply more sensitive to your normal heart beat. Anxiety can also cause this sensation. However, you may also be suffering from an arrhythmia. Common arrhythmias include atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, and atrial tachycardia. These are often detected by longterm EKG monitoring. Your chest pressure could be due to anxiety or costochondritis, which is inflammation of the joints within the chest. Although rare at your age, it is still possible you are suffering from angina, which is chest pressure due to myocardial ischemia. This can be due to cholesterol buildup within the arteries of the heart or to an inflammatory process leading to blockages. You will need to see a primary care physician to further evaluate your symptoms.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Martin Glynn
    Dr. Martin Glynn MD
    1525 South Church Street
    Murfreesboro, TN 37130
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043