What is a superficial blue lump on abdomen?

I had a superficial benign hemangioma removed in 2006. Purple in color and about the size of a pea. Last year regrowth started happening in the same area, this time blue and continuing to grow in size, about the size of a dime now. In Feb when I saw a doctor is was assumed this was just a regrowth of the previous hemangioma, however over the past 3 months I've started to experience a stinging and burning sensation around the growth whenever it comes in contact with any type of friction on my skin. I have not been able to find answers on a hemangioma causing this kind of problem and I am now curious if I may be dealing with something more problematic? I am unable to see my doctor for another month, and I'm wondering if this should be considered an emergency visit?
It certainly is possible that this blue lesion growing on your abdomen could be a recurrence of the hemangioma, especially if it is growing at exactly the same spot as the previous lesion. So I I would recommend evaluation by your dermatologist or primary care doctor as soon as possible. However, I think the more concerning possibility that needs to be ruled out right away is that this is actually a more serious skin growth. In particular, ruling out that this is a melanoma, a serious form of skin cancer, needs to be prioritized. Signs that would be more concerning for melanoma would include an irregular border or shape, variations in color within the spot, or rapidly growing. The size of the spot is already concerning enough, that I would recommend evaluation by your dermatologist or primary care doctor as soon as possible. After your doctor takes a look at the lesion, they may decide that ruling out melanoma is needed. If so, this will require a repeat biopsy, which will probably be similar to the procedure that you already had to remove the hemangioma. In the case of suspected melanoma, the entire spot is usually removed rather than just a small sample. Call and make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you are able to do so!