What is making my spine hurt so badly?

Iv been in horrible pain last 5 days. I cant lay down straight or on my sides or even on my stomach. Shart constant pain,shocks to middle of my back in one area on my spine. I keep loosing my breath everytime this occures. I can only lay down,curled up. In mornings pain is so bad I need help getting up. The rest of day I dont feel much but then at night it kills me to lay down. Iv also felt faint and black out for few seconds
There are many different possible causes for this pain, so it is important to speak with your primary care physician. My first question for you is if you sustained any injury. An injury that occurred in which you noticed the pain right away would certainly point to some type of muscle tear, herniated disc, or other type of traumatic injury. If you did not develop an injury, then other possibilities exist as well. One possibility is simple muscle spasm. While this does not sound like that big of a deal, muscle spasms can be very painful especially in the morning when you wake up. Another possibility is a herniated disc or some type of injury to your spine. Your first step should be to schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Your physician will want to examine your back to determine the location where your pain is the worst. Certain maneuvers might be helpful in determining whether or not you have something wrong with your spine itself. Imaging studies such as an MRI of the spine might be helpful in locating herniated discs, spinal stenosis, or other causes of the pinched nerve. Finally, if something is found on imaging that your doctor ordered, then you might benefit from referral to a physiatrist who is a specialist in back pain.

Other Chiropractors