ZocdocAnswersI'm feeling the baby move in my vagina, what does it mean?

Question

I'm feeling the baby move in my vagina, what does it mean?

Pregnant 36 weeks.

Answer

Thank you very much for your question. Given that you are pregnant, you are best suited to an evaluation by your obstetrician/gynecologist and/or your primary care physician. Prenatal care is an important component of pregnancy and helps to ensure the health of you and your baby. It is important to maintain careful control of your blood glucose and your blood pressure. It is normal to feel the baby move throughout the course of your pregnancy. A baby is considered full term at 37-40 weeks of gestation. As the pregnancy progress to near full term, you will likely notice increased activity of the baby in your womb. The activity is more noticeable as the baby has increased in size and occupies more space in your abdomen. It is important to maintain your regularly scheduled follow up with your obstetrician to ensure your health and the health of your baby as the expected date of delivery nears. If you are concerned about your own health or that of your baby, please seek immediate consultation with your physician or with an emergency department. It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a physician thus I suggest your contact your doctor to discuss your concerns.