ZocdocAnswersMy left testicle shrunk and is softer than the other one, what's wrong?

Question

My left testicle shrunk and is softer than the other one, what's wrong?

I had orchitis 3 months ago but I got treatment for it and everything was ok

Answer

That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or another doctor specializing in the urogenital system, such as a urologist. In general, it is difficult to know the exact cause of a softer testicle on one side, but it is very likely related to the orchitis that you had previously and the treatment that you had. Since you were likely evaluated and treated by a physician for the orchitis, it is important that you discuss your concerns with him or her as they will best know the specifics of your case and can tell you the potential causes for this and whether this is something that will get better over time or may be something that you have to live with. It is unclear from your description whether there is any pain associated with this testicle but this is something that you should mention to your doctor as well as this will help them figure out the cause of this issue and offer treatment options if available. One potential cause could be a lingering infection in that testicle which may require further treatment, while another possibility is that you have sustained an injury to that testicle that may not improve and that may be the cause of this. Only a doctor can tell you the answer and so it is important that you discuss it with them.