ZocdocAnswersCan you take Flomax 0.4mg. and Ultra prostate support Formula Dietary Vegetarian capsules together?

Question

Can you take Flomax 0.4mg. and Ultra prostate support Formula Dietary Vegetarian capsules together?

Wanted to know if you can take both these medicine together ? For Enlarge Prostate.

Answer

Thank you for this interesting question. In order to provide an accurate answer, I would need to know the full details of your medical history. I would also need to review your entire list of medications and any other supplements you may be taking. Only after collecting this information would it be possible to provide an accurate recommendation. Therefore, I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor. Flomax is a medication used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia. It functions by inhibiting activation of certain proteins called alpha receptors. Whenever a patient is considering taking a supplement, it is important to know that over the counter supplements are not regulated by the FDA in the same manner as medications. Many supplements do not contain the substance they claim to contain. In addition, there have been many high profile cases of supplements leading to organ failure or even death. Given that supplements may contain other non-advertised chemicals, there is always a risk of medication interaction, which could be serious. Therefore, I cannot comment on the safety of this supplement without knowing more information on your medical history. I strongly encourage you to see a primary care doctor.