I have a pulled muscle on my left arm from water aerobics. It hurts by the funny bone, what should I do?

I have it wrapped and the pain is not going away
I am sorry to hear about your injury. With this sort of injury, it is critical to have a thorough in-person evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon, as you will require a full medical history and physical exam to know the cause of your symptoms. You may even require an MRI or other test to evaluate this. There are many different structures that could cause your pain. It is possible you simply have a muscle strain in this area. A bursa, or fluid-filled sac, in your elbow could be inflamed and causing your symptoms. A fracture or bone chip of one of your arm bones could also cause pain. There are multiple ligaments that help secure and elbow joint, and injury to any of them could explain the pain. The funny bone itself is actually a nerve called the ulnar nerve. This can become stretched and irritated causing pain, numbness, and tingling. Treatment often consists of wearing a brace for some time, but people occasionally require surgery. You will need to consult an orthopedist to determine the best course of action. After completing an exam, the surgeon can help determine the best course of action, whether it be physical therapy, rest, or even surgery.

Other Orthopedic Surgeons