ZocdocAnswersWhat can I take for eye twitching?

Question

What can I take for eye twitching?

My lower eye lid is twiching since last one month. I used opticfresh eye drop but i didn't get relief. Please tell me some medicine

Answer

Thanks for your question. Blepharospasm, as it is known, can be an annoying problem. It can be associated with simple problems such as dry eyes, fatigue, etc, which is why some people can get some relief from products similar to what you describe having used. Most people, however, will require further intervention to get the relief that they need. In general, a person could speak with either a neurologist or an ophthalmologist to start getting some help with this problem. There are medications that can be prescribed that can help with your problem, and your doctor will be able to speak with you more about the potential options. In general, however, it will be necessary to have a medication that is prescribed. It is important to speak with a doctor about this because there can be some causes of this condition that can be serious and should be addressed with your doctor to make sure that there is nothing more. Please speak with your doctor about this question.