Why do I have rough gray skin on toes?

I've got a problem with my toes and I've had it since I was 12(now 18). It started on one toe and spread on 5 toes over 6 years. The skin is basically gray in color, rough texture, quite hard, sometimes itchy and sometimes cracks like a fissure. I've tried removing it by nail clippers or have used anti-fungal creams but none worked. I really want to know what this problem is and know how to treat it as soon as possible.
Thanks for your question, and I recommend that you be seen by a doctor. There are several different problems that can cause the skin to thicken, crack, and itch. Anti-fungal creams are a good thought as for a first place to start, but they are not the only possible explanation or solution. There are more powerful anti-fungals that may be needed to treat your problem. Additionally, seeing a doctor is important as there is a chance that your problem is not fungal at all. Sometimes additional exposures can be a cause of chronic skin problems. In other cases, the skin of the feet is affected because of problems with venous drainage or other more serious infections or other conditions. Regardless of what the cause is, the fact that it has gone on for so long without improvement despite your best efforts means that you should be seen by a doctor to make sure that you are well and get the treatment that you need to feel better. A podiatrist is especially trained to help you with problems involving your feet. Please speak with your doctor about this condition, and feel better soon!

Other Podiatrists