Am I having a miscarriage?

I was 2 weeks late for my period. I had early pregnancy signs. Today I started having really bad painful cramps and gushing bright red blood. My clots were a grayish color but have went back to the usual color.
It sounds like you think you may be pregnant. Having a late period and pregnancy signs is not enough to determine if you are pregnant. You should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to determine if you have truly pregnant with a urine test or blood test. You can also purchase a home pregnancy test. If you have pregnant, then the bleeding may be concerning for a possible abortion which is a loss in pregnancy. These can happen for many reasons and it is common for women to have natural abortions. The genetic make up of the embryo may not be "fit for life"; thus, the body naturally aborts the embryo. It could be a threatened abortion or an inevitable abortion. The difference between the two types of abortion is whether the cervical os is open or not. In a threatened abortion, the cervical os is closed. In an inevitable abortion, the cervical os is open. Women who have an inevitable abortion could see tissue and blood come out. Your doctor will perform a pelvic exam to determine if your symptoms are related to these situations. If you suddenly have severe bleeding from the vagina, you should go to your local emergency room.