I just realized i have been hearing voices, is this a big problem?

I am 18. I thought it was normal seeing how it only origninates from people. But they are not actually talking when i hear them speaking in my head, but it sound like thier voice. Is this a big problem or not.
This is a good question. The answer depends on several factors and it is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor immediately for a full history and physical and to discuss your concerns. Depending on what your doctor finds, he or she may decide to refer you to a psychiatrist and/or a psychologist for counseling. Many people replay scenarios in their heads where they "hear" people talking but they are aware that it is not actually happening at the time. If you feel that the voices you are hearing are not under your control and that they are saying mean things or directing you to do things then this is a more serious matter. The term for this is auditory hallucinations and is usually a sign of mental illness, such as depression with psychosis, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia to name a few. Your doctor will ask you many questions regarding your mental health such as your mood, feelings of guilt, sleep, appetite, anxiety, etc. Again, it is very important that you see your doctor right away to determine if you are, indeed, experiencing auditory hallucinations and, if so, get an appropriate diagnosis and treatment.