Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"As a man, how much Rigevidon can I take to induce feminisation?"

ZocdocAnswersAs a man, how much Rigevidon can I take to induce feminisation?


Hi - I'm a straight male, but my female friend and I want me to develop some breast growth and ideally see some shrinkage in my testes. She has got me some Rigevidon, and for four nights I have taken two each night (the regular dose for women is one a night, but I heard two is safe). I would like to find out if it is possible to take more, and if that will increase or speed up the effects at all? We are not doing this irresponsibly, nor for cheap thrills - it's something we have talked about a lot and that I want to do, and will do - but I would appreciate advice on the specifics I have mentioned. Thanks in advance.


Thank you for your question. This is a complicated question that cannot be answered in this format. For instance, it is unclear if you are simply trying to change your physical appearance or if there is a medical ailment you are trying to address. This needs to be determined before proceeding. Feminization is a complex process with many psychosocial and physiologic processes at play and is usually carried out under the care of a team of providers from multiple specialties rather than done at home without licensed medical input. Additionally, it would be important to know the full details of your medical history and perform a thorough physical exam before making any recommendations. Therefore, I encourage you to seek out a provider at a clinic specializing in this process. Rigevidon is an oral contraceptive containing both estrogen and progesterone. Taking this can have many effects on men. It can lead to reduced sperm count, reduced testicular size, loss of libido, and erectile dysfunction. As you mention, it can cause gynecomastia, or breast development, which may be irreversible. It can lead to loss of muscle mass and a decrease in bone density. Given the significant effects this therapy can have, you will need to consult a specialist in this area.

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.