ZocdocAnswersDo I have a STD?

Question

Do I have a STD?

I had unprotected sex with a woman 6weeks ago. Now im getting growths in my pubic area above my penis. The sores are flesh coloured and tender to the touch. Popped one of them and it was an ingrown but the 2nd was full of pus and it looked like a blackhead. My groin is not smelly and my pubic area is only itchy cause i shaved my pubes

Answer

Thank you for your question concerning STDs. It is always important to visit your doctor and simply get tested for STDs if you have had unprotected sexual intercourse with a partner whose sexual history you do not know. Your doctor can visually inspect the lesions and better diagnose what may be going on given their location, size, and appearance. In addition, he or she can test you for other STDs which may not present with symptoms right away such as HIV, hepatitis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea. If anything, you will receive some peace of mind by knowing right away! Genital herpes usually starts off as vesicles--small fluid filled, round blisters. These eventually rupture and leave very painful ulcers behind. Warts are caused by the human papilloma virus and can look like small bumps the color of your skin or are cauliflower-like in appearance. They can present as a single wart but are usually in clusters and painless, although sometimes can cause discomfort or itchiness. A single lesion on the penis can also be an early sign of syphilis. The single non-painful lesion is firm to the touch and has distinct borders. Please see your doctor right away so that you might be tested.