I hit my head, what should I do?

Hello, I hit my head three weeks ago (accidentally rammed the top left side into the top of a boat.). I was fine but sore after. Last week I fell backward while dancing, and hit the floor with the back left side of my head. My head took a lot of force. I was fine except a little nauseas the following day (pupils fine, etc). Its been a week and the area is still incredibly tender and I've felt a couple random twaings of pain. I dont think theres a knot, but I cant see as its covered by my head. Its so sore I cant even lie on it. My doc said not to come in unless I experience neurological symptoms, but I'm worried since its still tender and worried about internal swelling or a blood clot. What should I do?
Thank you for your question. I am glad to hear that you have spoken with your doctor about this problem as well, and it seems that your doctor has offered you some guidance to this point. In general, if you remain concerned after some advice that you have received from your doctor, it is good to speak with your doctor again or get a second opinion. Either is appropriate. With regards to the specific risks after head trauma, in general if there is no loss of consciousness, open wound, or neurologic symptoms, it is appropriate for most people to speak with their doctor and follow advice similar to what you have received from your doctor. The swelling that can be felt on the scalp itself is often superficial, meaning that it lies between the skin and the skull, which can become quite tender and take a long time to resolve, but most often do not offer significant medical risk.One exception is often if people are taking something that thins their blood that can prolong the bleeding. In some of these cases, the blood collection under the skin can become infected or quite large and require further therapy. Please speak with your doctor.