Is it too soon to have implatation bleeding?

We had unprotected sex like 4 times days of 10 11,12 and 14. I think I ovulated the 15-19. I was having signs of pregnancy, but not all of them. So I was confused as to whether I was prego. Now we had sex last night and now im bleeding just a little this brown discharge. Im wondering if having sex close to the time of implantation bleeding would bring it on faster, or am I going to start my period? Also I had my mirena taken out the 26 of Aug. and started to bleed two days later and bled from that time till the 6 of sept. so im not real sure when the first day of last period was, but it seems to early for me to start. Usually it don't start till the end or beginning of the month. Thanks!!!!!
It is a good idea to schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN to discuss your question. Implantation bleeding typically happens around 8 days after conception. This is a phenomenon that not all women experience. In general conception follows the following order. Intercourse usually needs to occur in the few days before ovulation or on the day of ovulation in order for conception to occur. This is because while sperm can live inside the woman's uterus and fallopian tubes for up to several days, the egg can only survive outside of the ovaries for just over a day. Therefore, on the day of ovulation if conception is going to occur it will usually occur that day or the next. You can add 8 days on to that day and that should be the date that you would experience implantation bleeding if it were to occur. In addition, around this time is the first time that you will test positive on a pregnancy test. Thus, there's no real reason for you to use the presence of implantation bleeding is a marker of whether or not you were pregnant. A much more reliable method is to go out and buy a home pregnancy test at a local grocery store. These tests are quite accurate and fairly inexpensive. If the test comes back positive, or you have additional questions, you should always schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN. This is also a good idea if you're trying to get pregnant. It is always good to have your doctor on board when you start trying to conceive so that the two of you can discuss issues when they arise.

• Dr. Robert Rubino
    Dr. Robert Rubino MD, FACOG
    OB-GYN
    101 Old Short Hills Rd.
    West Orange, NJ 07052
  • Dr. James Kim
    Dr. James Kim MD
    OB-GYN
    303 E. Army Trail Rd.
    Bloomingdale, IL 60108
  • Dr. Susan White
    Dr. Susan White MD
    OB-GYN
    850 Harrison Avenue
    Boston, MA 02118