ZocdocAnswersWhat are the medicines to get fair white skin in my face?

Question

What are the medicines to get fair white skin in my face?

get fair skin

Answer

There are many available medications that are designed to help people get skin that is more fair, so it is important to discuss this with your doctor. Changing the hue or depth of skin tone is quite a common desire that many people feel that they would like to pursue, but it is important to make sure that you are doing this in a healthy manner. Many of the skin products that are available are not appropriate in all situations, and choosing something to lighten your skin should be reviewed with your doctor or dermatologist before you begin. Some medications manufactured in other countries than the US can contain products that can lead to long term health risks, and even some short term risks as well. Hydroquinone is the single product that is most often used as the active agent in skin lightening creams, soaps, and gels. It works by affecting the melanin in the skin, and can alter these levels in different manners that should be discussed with your doctor. Speaking with him or her may also help you in that you would be able to get a product that has a higher concentration of hydroquinone and may have quicker or more effective results. Again, please speak with your doctor.