Can I get the mmr vaccine?

I never had measles. After a blood test, it was determined that I have immunity to mumps and rubella. Can I get the mmr vaccine for the measles, as as a separate measles vaccine is not available? There are people on my area who do not inoculate their children, and my daughter is having a baby soon. Thank you
I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. Generally speaking, I agree that you should be vaccinated for the measles. Even adults, who can still get the measles should be vaccinated or at least have their immunity checked to see if they need re-vaccination. Parents who do not vaccinate their children for measles mumps and rubella are putting their children and other children at risk for infection with these viruses which are not benign illnesses. Whenever someone gets tested for immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella an is found to not be immune to one of those, it is usually because of waning immunity. This means that the shot basically wore off. We do not have a measles only vaccine, but it does not matter because it is perfectly safe for you to receive another MMR vaccine as receiving the mumps and rubella vaccines is not harmful even if you area already immune. Again, I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. He or she can administer the MMR vaccine to you right in the office. If needed, you can also get measles serology (look for the antibodies) checked a few weeks later to make sure that you are immune. This way you can make sure that you are keeping your daughter's baby safe. Good luck.