I have a bump on base of my penis, what could it be?

I have a hard whitehead bump on my penis and im freaking out, i wish i could upload a picture because i really want to know
Bumps on the penis are not serious in most cases. However, it is important to keep in mind that various sexually transmitted diseases can cause changes to the appearance of your penis. That is why it is best to go to a doctor and have them checked out. There are a number of STDs that can cause skin abnormality on the penis. The most common type of STD that presents as small, painless white bumps is HVP that causes genital warts. Genital herpes can also cause one or more small bumps on the penis that resemble blisters and may cause pain or itching or have a burning sensation. Another rare condition is molluscum contagiosum virus that appears as small, flesh colored papules that may develop a hardened white center. Bumps are hard to describe in words. They need to be examined by a doctor. If STDs have been ruled out, those bumps could be pearly penile papules that usually are located on the edge of the head of the penis. Fordyce's spots can also cause bumps that usually appear as numerous small white or yellow bumps under the skin on the penis. They could also be small hair follicle cysts known as sebaceous cysts or trapped oily secretions. These bumps are harmless and don't require any kind of treatment. Please consult your doctor who can help you distinguish between harmless and harmful bumps caused by STDs.

• Dr. Shamim Shakibai
    Dr. Shamim Shakibai MD
    6801 Park Terrace Dr
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Ramin Samadi
    Dr. Ramin Samadi MD
    5900 Overton Ridge Blvd
    Fort Worth, TX 76132
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251