ZocdocAnswersHow do you get rid of pimples on your butt? Is it bad?

Question

How do you get rid of pimples on your butt? Is it bad?

I dont have much, but i want to rid of them. and sometimes they hurt, so can you please tell me how to rid of them?

Answer

Pimples on the buttock can have multiple causes, some of which require different treatments, therefore I recommend that you see your doctor for evaluation if your symptoms persist. If what you are observing is a small bump with surrounding redness or inflammation and a white head, then a pimple is a likely explanation. Treatment can include topical medications and time. Sometimes, pressure on the buttock can irritate pimples, which can lead to worsened pain and symptoms. Changes in temperature and bathing habits can be associated with pimple formation. For example, increased temperature and decreased bathing can lead to accumulation of skin oils and dirt that may predispose certain individuals to more pimple formation, therefore good daily skin care is important. Other causes of painful bumps on the buttock may include a folliculitis, which is an inflammation of the hair follicles, which can be due to certain bacterial infections. These are often painful and may require antibiotic therapy. Bug bites can often mimic pimples. Acne can also present on the buttocks, and may require topical antibiotics or oral medication. Rashes from multiple causes, such as contact dermatitis from new detergents or exposure to new chemicals are also common sources of new painful bumps. For continued symptoms, it is important that you see your doctor who can make the appropriate diagnosis and provide you with the right treatment.