My son lost his memory after head injury. What is its cause and treatment?

My son was beaten by some unknown persons at unknown place and he has injury in his head too.MRI and CT reports are normal. But he is not recognizing anyone except parents and have no memory of past. Even he don't know his own name. His behavior seems to be abnormal.Kindly tell me what is the cause his abnormal behaviour and memory loss and when will he be OK?
That is an excellent question and one that his pediatrician, or other medical provider would best be able to answer. From the limited history provided, it is difficult to ascertain how old your son is, and how long ago the incident was so it is impossible to diagnose what he has, but his primary care doctor will be able to obtain a good history and physical exam and decide upon further testing. He may have him see a neuropsychologist or other specialist who can perform some cognitive testing to see what types of deficits he has after this incident. Unfortunately, it is difficult to know what the long term outcome of this will be, but hopefully because the MRI was normal, there are no lesions on his brain that are readily apparent which is good news. That being said, only time will tell how well his memory returns and whether he has any other long term conditions that arise from this incident. For instance, some people may develop traumatic epilepsy after sustaining injuries such as the ones your son had or they may have issues with memory that can last for the short term or may last for the rest of his life. It is important that he see a doctor who will follow him and treat him for this.