ZocdocAnswersWhen I sleep on my bed, my eyes get watery, but when I sleep on the floor it will be normal. Why?

Question

When I sleep on my bed, my eyes get watery, but when I sleep on the floor it will be normal. Why?

When i sleep on my bed, my eyes get watery but when i sleep on the floor it will normal.

Answer

There are a few different possible explanations for this, so I recommend that you speak with your doctor. The first thing that comes to mind is the thought that there could be something in your bed that you are allergic to. Sometimes this can even be something as simple as the detergent that you are using to wash your bedding. Other options would be the material that your bed or bed products are made of. Another possible answer would be something about the bedding or bed that you are allergic to. One common thing that many people are allergic to is dust mites, which can be more prevalent in bedding that is older. If none of these seem likely in your situation, there could be something about your positioning that is causing your symptoms. Your tear ducts drain into the lower part of your nose, and any obstruction can cause your eyes to be more affected by certain positions or even gentle drafts that can be more apparent in different parts of the room. Beyond this, it is not immediately apparent what could be causing these symptoms, and more information is needed. Please speak with your doctor about this question, and you may need to speak with an ophthalmologist.