What could be the cause of my stomach pain?

I have had right and left side stomach pain that goes straight through to my lung! I get hot flashes, chills, and natious feeling. It has gotten worse through this week and last week. I am getting scared. I have never had my appendix or golbladder out. Diabetes runs on both sides of my family.
You have abdominal pains that is associated with out vague symptoms. I recommend that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor as soon as possible. The possible causes of abdominal pains could be constipation, peptic ulcer disease, pyelonephritis, or a pulmonary etiology. Constipation is cased by hard stools and can back up in the colon. This can cause vague abdominal discomfort. It can also cause nausea. You can eat a diet rich in fiber to prevent constipation. Peptic ulcer disease can be caused by medications such as NSAIDS like ibuprofen. It can weaken the stomach lining. Alcohol and coffee use can also cause peptic ulcer disease. Infections with a bacteria called H. Pylori can also caused peptic ulcer disease. If it is not treated, the ulcer can erode into the stomach lining and cause bleeding and eventually a perforation. It can be associated with abdominal discomfort and nausea. Another possibility of right and left sided abdominal pain could be an infection of the kidneys called pyelonephritis. It is a type of urinary tract infection that travels from the urethra to the kidneys. It is associated with fevers, bilateral flank pain. Lastly, you could potentially have an involvement with the lungs such as fluid around the lung called a pleural effusion that could be causing your symptoms. At this point, it is difficult to tell. Again, you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor as soon as possible to narrow down the possibilities.

• Dr. Pamela Amador
    Dr. Pamela Amador MD
    85 Grand Canal Dr
    Miami, FL 33144
  • Dr. Michael Hamrock
    Dr. Michael Hamrock MD
    822 Boylston Street
    Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
  • Dr. Robin Snead
    Dr. Robin Snead MD
    20303 Crawford Ave
    Olympia Fields, IL 60461