ZocdocAnswersI feel pain in bladder and bellybutton, what can it be?

Question

I feel pain in bladder and bellybutton, what can it be?

i have a tingling pain starting from my belly button and going to my bladder. i have been noticing that i have been getting urges to urinate more frequently. this started to happen after going to the gym. i am suspecting a hernia but it has been 2 days and no lumps or redness anywhere. i have done the twist and cough technique but i dont feel anything moving down there. anyone know what it can be?

Answer

You have pain in the bladder region and belly button region of your abdomen. You have increased urinary frequency. There could be a number of conditions that could be causing your symptoms and you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor. The ones to rule out are urinary tract infections (UTI) and pregnancy. UTI can occur anywhere from the from the urethra to the kidney. If the UTI is located in the bladder, it is called cystitis. Cystitis can irritate the bladder and cause pain and increased urinary frequency. People at risk for UTI are women since women have a shorter urethra than men. Another condition to rule out is pregnancy. Women who are pregnant can have an enlarged uterus that pressed on the bladder which causes increased urinary frequency. Pregnancies can also be associated with abdominal pains. Again, you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to have your symptoms evaluated. Your doctor may order tests to examine your urine and to rule out a pregnancy. To prevent UTI's, you should always wipe from front to back to prevent any bacteria from the anus getting to the urethra. You should also drink plenty of fluids. If you develop flank pains, nausea, vomiting, and fevers, you should go to your emergency room.