How long after I take Zithromax can I drink?

took four 250mg zithromax pills for chlamydia. pills were taken 2 days ago.
There is no particular time when it is safe for you to drink alcohol after you take the azithromycin, so the best thing to do is speak with your primary care physician. Obviously is probably a good idea not to drink much the first night you take the antibiotics because if you were to get sick and vomit them up you would have to start over. In general, alcohol, especially in moderation, does not alter the effectiveness of the medication - and 2 days out from taking the pills you are out of the range of any potential interaction that I don't think really exists anyways. I suggest that you schedule an appointment with your primary care physician. You should always ask your doctor about other medications and drugs (such as alcohol) and whether they interact with an prescription medications. One question I have is whether or not you were simultaneously treated for gonorrhea. It is most physicians practice to treat people for both conditions before the testing comes back sine the two bacteria often are transmitted together. If you have not yet received this, it might mean you need it. If you have tested negative for gonorrhea, then you should be fine. The last thing to take care of is to make sure that all of you recent sexual partners are also treated. This is not just to protect them but also to protect you from getting re-infected. Please discuss this with your doctor.

• Dr. Paul Leitner
    Dr. Paul Leitner MD
    8540 South Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa
    Dr. Danilo Hoyumpa MD
    13919 Nacogdoches Rd
    San Antonio, TX 78217
  • Dr. Brian Price
    Dr. Brian Price MD
    3607 Manor Rd
    Austin, TX 78723