ZocdocAnswersHow do you deal with a double personality

Question

How do you deal with a double personality

but does not want to recognized, I'm talking about my exwife, that her husband left, now she loking for unvoluntary awnsers on me. I was her first husband, will always love her, I think that a consequence of my accident, she was mentally affected. The situation got worse as she marries again, but now she is in need of help as well as me, I mean that the woman of my life.

Answer

From the history you have provided, it sounds like there are a lot of social and psychological issues going on between you and your ex-wife and it is suggested that you discuss these concerns with your primary care doctor or a doctor specializing in mental health issues such as a psychiatrist. From the history, it sounds like you are having a lot of issues with your ex-wife and you both may need some emotional and social support and this is something that would best be provided by a physician, either in joint counseling or for both of you on a one-on-one basis. In the meanwhile, you may consider having some serious discussions with your ex-wife regarding what are the issues she is having, as well as what issues you feel are affecting your relationship, and that way you can open up the lines of communication and begin the process of healing. A doctor such as a psychiatrist will be a great resource in this journey as they are specifically trained to help you and your ex-wife discuss the issues you are having and help you two work these out and hopefully move forward with your lives.