Is Natures Cure's two-part acne treatment safe?

The treatment has a cream and pills. I want toknow if the pills are safe. There all natural and homeopathic. The box says they are safe and so do all the reviews
Thank you for this interesting question. In order to accurately determine the safety of this medication for you, a doctor would need to review your entire medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. Once collecting this information, the doctor could then make an assessment of this treatment's safety. I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor to further discuss this issue. Homeopathic supplements and other over the counter supplements are not regulated by the FDA like prescription medications. Many of these homeopathic treatments have been shown to contain substances other than what they claim. In addition, there have been multiple high profile instances of supplements and homeopathic remedies leading to liver failure and death. Without knowing the full content of these treatments, it is not possible to comment on their safety. In addition, it is critical to know the list of other medications and supplements you take to ensure there are no dangerous interactions. I encourage you to raise these concerns with a primary care doctor who can further help determine the safety of this treatment. There are many other topical and oral treatments for acne with multiple clinical studies showing their safety and efficacy that may be alternative options for you.

• Dr. Howard Shapiro
    Dr. Howard Shapiro DO
    14 E 60th St
    New York, NY 10022
  • Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021