search

location

insurance

close

Medical questions & health advice by board certified doctors

"Is Natures Cure's two-part acne treatment safe?"

ZocdocAnswersIs Natures Cure's two-part acne treatment safe?

Question

The treatment has a cream and pills. I want toknow if the pills are safe. There all natural and homeopathic. The box says they are safe and so do all the reviews

Answer

Thank you for this interesting question. In order to accurately determine the safety of this medication for you, a doctor would need to review your entire medical history and perform a thorough physical exam. Once collecting this information, the doctor could then make an assessment of this treatment's safety. I strongly encourage you to schedule an appointment with a primary care doctor to further discuss this issue. Homeopathic supplements and other over the counter supplements are not regulated by the FDA like prescription medications. Many of these homeopathic treatments have been shown to contain substances other than what they claim. In addition, there have been multiple high profile instances of supplements and homeopathic remedies leading to liver failure and death. Without knowing the full content of these treatments, it is not possible to comment on their safety. In addition, it is critical to know the list of other medications and supplements you take to ensure there are no dangerous interactions. I encourage you to raise these concerns with a primary care doctor who can further help determine the safety of this treatment. There are many other topical and oral treatments for acne with multiple clinical studies showing their safety and efficacy that may be alternative options for you.

Need more info?

See a doctor today

Zocdoc Answers is for general informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor (in the United States) 911 immediately. Always seek the advice of your doctor before starting or changing treatment. Medical professionals who provide responses to health-related questions are intended third party beneficiaries with certain rights under Zocdoc’s Terms of Service.