What does interrupted sleep, waking up 1 or 2 times a night mean?

At night I generally wake up consciously 1 or 2 times, many times remembering my dreams. I am not sure why this happens but I would like to find out...
I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with interrupted sleep and have been waking up 1-2 times a night, and that you are worried about what might be going on. I would be happy to give you some of my initial thoughts about what might be going on and help steer you in the right direction. Ultimately I am going to recommend that you make an appointment to be evaluated by an ENT or, a sleep medicine specialist. They will be able to take more of a medical history, sleep history, and examine you. One of the first things that any physician will do when they take a history from you is to determine if you have risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea. This is a disorder that is caused by collapse of the upper airway when you are sleeping and lose muscle tone. This causes blockage of your airway, decreased ventilation, and decreased oxygen saturation. This causes your brain to wake your body up, and restore muscle tone to your upper airway and open it up so you can breathe better. There are many risk factors for obstructive sleep apnea (or OSA), including a high BMI, large tonsils, small mandible, and thick neck. Ultimately to determine what the cause of your sleep disorder, the physician will order a polysomnogram (PSG). Either a sleep medicine specialist or an ENT will be able to do this. Best of luck.