What is causing my chest and neck to be in pain?

I had a sore throat n a cold. When I woke up this morning I couldn't get out of bed... It hurt to move or turn.
So sorry to hear about your symptoms. From the recent history that you describe, it would seem most likely that you are suffering from some sort of infection that may be getting worse, although there could be other answers. So it is important for you to speak with your doctor. One of the things that can often happen with a cold is that it can impair the normal functions and defenses of the body and allow bacteria to get hold. In these situations, a bacterial super infection can occur. Some of the common body parts or organ systems that are affected following a cold are the nasal sinuses and the lungs, both of which are obviously in continuity. Recent research is demonstrating the fact that, although separated by distance, the two areas share reactivity to common challenges, and can often become affected together through mechanisms that are becoming more clear. When the symptoms seem to affect the chest, it would seem apparent that pneumonia or bronchitis could be causing your symptoms. Something else to consider, especially if you have been coughing, is that some people are prone to breaking or bruising ribs with coughing fits. This can be very painful, and limit mobility. Regardless, it is important that you speak with your doctor soon about these symptoms.