What is causing my upper chest and neck to be in pain?

I had a sore throat and a cold over the past few days.. I woke up this morning and couldn't get out of bed... It hurts to move r turn. feels like someone is sitting on my chest
That is an excellent question and one that is best answered by your primary care doctor or another medical professional who can examine you and obtain a complete history and physical examination. Based upon the minimal history provided, it is difficult to know the exact cause for why you are having these symptoms, but there are some general conditions that may cause the symptoms you are describing. For one, it is possible that you were feeling the initial symptoms of the flu and that you are not having worsening symptoms from it. did you get a flu shot this year? It could also be that you are having a bad cold as these are not infrequently symptoms that are seen with a cold. The pressure on the chest could be related to cardiac or pulmonary issues and sometimes these can be related to an upper respiratory infection. It is important that you are evaluated by a doctor who can best evaluate you and find out the cause of these symptoms and treat your symptoms appropriately. It is also very important that you maintain hydration while you wait to see the doctor as sometimes dehydration can become a very serious thing with colds or the flu.

• Dr. Howard Shapiro
    Dr. Howard Shapiro DO
    14 E 60th St
    New York, NY 10022
  • Dr. Norman Smith
    Dr. Norman Smith MD, FACP
    2905 Mitchellville Rd
    Bowie, MD 20716
  • Dr. Mark Siegel
    Dr. Mark Siegel DO
    1530 W. Glendale Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85021