What are these bumps and rash on my arm?

Didn't show up until my dog scratched me. The bumps are where the scratches are and bumps on my elbow
This is a good question. As it is difficult to know what the cause of your rash is without seeing it, it is very important that you make an appointment with your primary care doctor to have a full history and physical examination. If it is over the weekend or you can't get an appointment with your doctor, you may want to consider going to an urgent care facility. Dogs carry thousands of bacteria on their feet so I am concerned for infection since your bumps and rash are at the site of the scratches are. This would more likely be the case if the area is warm and the bumps are red. If this is the case and you have any swelling of your arm or fever it is urgent that you seek care immediately as you might have cellulitis, which is an infection of the skin that is untreated can be very serious. The other possibility is that you have contact dermatitis, which is irritation of the skin from something it came in contact with, in this case, your dogs nails. Again, it is very important that you seek care to obtain a correct diagnosis and get appropriate treatment.

• Dr. Halina Stec
    Dr. Halina Stec MD
    115 Nassau Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11222
  • Dr. Shamim Shakibai
    Dr. Shamim Shakibai MD
    6801 Park Terrace Dr
    Los Angeles, CA 90045
  • Dr. Julie Norley
    Dr. Julie Norley DO
    7534 E 2nd Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251