Bleeding occasional after very large stool, what could it be?

Perhaps a week ago or so I noticed some bright blood on my toilet paper after passing a large stool. There did not appear to be any blood on the stool or in the toilet, just some on the paper. After two wipes the blood was gone and did not continue to bleed. Until I had another movement and there was a bit of blood. This happened for about a day or two and so worried I really tried to up my intake of fiber. After those first two days the bleeding stopped, but then I experience constipation and gas for a few days. I did not see any blood for several days, but today I had a very large stool and again a very little amount of blood only on the paper. There is some mild pain in regard to passing the large stools. I am a 30 year old male. As far as I know I do not have any family history of colon cancer or thereabouts. I did have a stomach ulcer when I was 15 or so, but I have not had any issues with that for many years. Thank you for any advice.
You have painless bleeding during bowel movements and notice small amounts of bright red blood on your toilet tissue. These symptoms sound like those of a hemorrhoid (swollen and inflamed veins in your anal canal) or an anal fissure (a tear in the lining of the lower rectum). However, you should consult a primary care physician for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis. These hemorrhoids or anal fissures happen when you strain to move your bowel movement because of constipation or diarrhea. This causes the veins in tissue inside the anus to swell and tear and you bleed. Hemorrhoids are internal (inside the rectum) or external (under the skin around the anus). Aside from bleeding, internal hemorrhoids usually don't cause discomfort. Anal fissure can cause pain during or after bowel movements. It is possible to develop both hemorrhoid and anal fissure at the same time. You should discuss with your doctor about your symptoms. Although bleeding during bowel movements is the most common sign of hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding can come from other diseases. It's important that your doctor rules out anal cancer, colon cancer, and inherent bowel diseases (i.e., irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, and ulcerative colitis), etc. even though you are a low risk. Once your doctor rules out other serious conditions and if the diagnosis is hemorrhoids, treatment is straightforward. Your doctor may want to look into another condition that might cause your frequent constipation if it is not due to poor diet. If your colon's muscle contractions are slow, the stool hardens, dries and passes through your colon slowly which may cause you frequent constipation. There are a number of medical conditions that can cause resistant constipation such as intestinal obstruction or diverticulitis, to name a few. Again, please speak with your doctor.

Other Gastroenterologists