How can I be sure that I don't have a tampon stuck inside me?

There is no unusual smell and I was able to stick half my pointer finger up my vagina. However I feel like I have a tampon in me and have been nauseous for several hours. My period ended a week and a half ago and I don't remember if I took out the last tampon.
If you feel like you have something stuck in your vagina such as a retained tampon, then you should definitely schedule an appointment with your OB/GYN so that you can have a comprehensive pelvic exam to rule out any foreign body. Certainly a foreign body in the vagina that is left there for a long time could cause irritation and potentially infection. In rare cases, retained tampon can become a nidus for a type of staph infection that can cause a significant illness. If you were to call your doctor and tell him or her this same story, your doctor might ask you to check your vagina little bit closer to see if you can feel any abnormal contents. If you find something and remove it, your doctor may have you just follow up as needed. If this is not possible, then you must be evaluated by your doctor. If you do go to your doctor and end up having a retained tampon, then your doctor might suggest to you that you use a pad instead of a tampon in the future. This can prevent this type of thing from happening. If, while waiting for this appointment you start to feel sick including fevers, lightheadedness, or any other generalized unwellness, then you should proceed to the nearest emergency room immediately.

Nearby OB-GYNs