ZocdocAnswersI have a small green ball shaped thing that is going into my penis on the back of the tip of my penis, what it could be?

Question

I have a small green ball shaped thing that is going into my penis on the back of the tip of my penis, what it could be?

I'm a virgin so I don't think it is an STD.

Answer

Abnormal growths on the penis can come from a variety of causes, not all of which are related to sexually transmitted diseases. A ball shaped growth on the penis may be a number of things which can more clearly be defined by a urologist. The green ball you describe may be caused by an abnormal gland in the skin of the penis which has become obstructed. There are also small glands within the urethra, which is the channel the urine passes through in the penis. These glands can become blocked and swell in size. A careful examination of this green ball on your penis can be preformed by a urologist. There are also several types of infections that can occur on the penis without sexual intercourse. If you are not circumcised, there are additional possibilities that should be addressed with your urologist. Cancer of the penis is not very common, but any unusual bump on the penis should be looked at to rule out penile cancer. It is impossible to diagnose and treat a situation like that without a hands-on examination by a physician. A urologist is the most appropriate doctor to evaluate and treat any type of growth on the penis