I have a recurring rash around vagina, what it could be?

Since the summer started i had a rash around the opening of my vagina. Little red swollen bumps. If i scratch then they open up and eventually leave. Saw a doctor about it and they said it was just contact dermatitis because i had a yeast infection due to using scented pads and did not look like herpes or any other std related rashes. I recently shaved down there and the bumps have opened up again. Im freaking out, i know the doctor said it was nothing but im scared and freaked out.
This is a good question. It is important to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss the recurrence of your symptoms and be re-examined. If you don't feel comfortable with what your doctor told you then it is perfectly fine to seek a second opinion from a different doctor. A primary care physician or ob/gyn would be most appropriate to see you and evaluate your history and physical examination. In terms of what could be causing this, there are several potential causes, including what the first doctor mentioned which was that you may have contact dermatitis although usually this resolves once the offending agent has been removed. Another potential cause for this is a sexually transmitted disease. When you see your medical care provider, it is important to be forthright about your sexual history and whether you are using condoms for protection. If not, they will likely want to check some tests on you to see if you have an STD. If that is the case, they may be able to give you medications to treat the STD and will also give you counseling about appropriate birth control methods and using condoms to avoid STDs and pregnancy. Either way, you should be evaluated by a medical professional.