I will have an open heart surgery, is it safe to use the product called gloxi?

The product called gloxi and i have a open heart surgery it is safe to use?
Various cardiac repairs require that the sternum, or breast bone, be sawed open to expose the heart. These procedures, which include valve replacement coronary artery bypass surgery, are high risk procedures that often require patients to be placed on a cardiopulmonary bypass machine. As such, it is critical for surgeons to know patients' full medical history and all medications and non-prescribed supplements they are taking. I recommend you disclose this information to your surgeon prior to the procedure. Gloxi is a liquid supplement marketed to increase heart. According to the manufacturers brochure, it contains many supplements, including zinc, copper, vitamin K, wheat germ, and citric acid. Unfortunately, such supplements are not regulated by the FDA. A recent study found that many such supplements do not actually contain what they are marketed as containing, and some can even contain known toxins. Specifically, the vitamin K in Gloxi may pose a problem for your surgery. After some procedures, such as mechanical valve implantation, patients must take a blood thinner called warfarin. Warfarin functions by inhibiting your body's ability to recycle vitamin K and form clotting factors. Vitamin K reverses the function of warfarin and may make it more difficult to safely ensure you do not form a blood clot on a new valve. I strongly recommend you discuss this supplement further with your cardiac surgeon to determine if it poses specific risks for your procedure.

Other Cardiologists