I had CBC done today and was told I have a WBC over 15000. What does that mean?

I went to Dr first time last Friday for what I thought was a flu. I have headaches, diarrhea, fatigue, very sore joins and hot fashes along with a fever. I was tod I had fluid behind ears and glands in neck were swollen. I was prescribed nasal spray and zpack. I take nasal spray as directed and have already finished entire zpack. I went back to Dr today and got blood brawn and found WBC over 15000. I have to go back in a week to get another CBC but I was wondering what this could mean
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. A white count of 15,000 (with a white count being slang for elevated white blood cells, or WBCs) is often a sign of an infection, as most labs will have a normal value that is somewhat less than that. Many things can cause this leukocytosis (which is another way to describe an increase in white blood cells), but most commonly it has something to do with an infection. I recommend that you speak with your doctor. The fact that you have hot flashes, sore joints, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, and other symptoms all can indicate that some sort of infection is ongoing. Your doctor should be able to help you by recommending the appropriate treatment and testing that is needed to determine what is causing your symptoms. Often, doctors will prescribe an antibiotic before knowing exactly what is causing the infection (ie, whether the infection is from a virus or a bacteria). This can often be considered empiric therapy, which has a role in some situations. As your symptoms did not resolve after the first round of treatment, speaking with your doctor can be helpful to make sure that there is nothing more serious. Please speak with your doctor about this question.