ZocdocAnswersHow can I prepare for an ER trip for a parasitic infection if I have no insurance?

Question

How can I prepare for an ER trip for a parasitic infection if I have no insurance?

blocked stool hard to go to bathroom. an odor emitting from my body, mucus in stool, seedlike substances in stool, frequent and extended bathroom trips for pooping nevr seemingly finished, gas and bloating severe, stomach pain, hunger always even right after eating sometimes never gaining any weight, circles dark under eyes, i have a cat my sister has a stray dog and her boyfriend has a dog they all had fleas there was an infestation of fleas still is in the apt i live with all these pets and her and her boyfriend. fleas hav eaten me alive.

Answer

I am sorry to hear about your symptoms. They are clearly having a severe impact on your life. You have quite a number of complex symptoms, and it will not be possible to provide an accurate diagnosis without being evaluate by a physician in person. I recommend you schedule an appointment with a gastroenterologist. After a thorough review of your medical history and a detailed physical exam, this physician can discuss possible explanations for your symptoms and make recommendations on treatment options. The variability in your gastrointestinal symptoms can have many explanations. Severe constipation could be from poor fiber content in your diet. Stool containing mucus can often be caused by autoimmune disorders such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease that lead to severe inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Stomach pain can be caused by numerous disorders, including gastritis and peptic ulcer disease. Severe gassiness and bloating also have a variety of possible explanations. People with lactose intolerance often develop gassiness and bloating when eating dairy products. Another disorder that could explain your symptoms is celiac sprue. I encourage you to discuss these possibilities with a gastroenterologist. Only after a details medical history and physical exam will it be possible to determine the cause of your symptoms.