For a while I been getting a tight cramp on my right side when I urinate, what could it be?

For a while I been getting a tight cramp on my right side when I urinate. While the cramp is there...if I breath heavy it feel really tight at times
It is important that you speak with your primary care doctor to be evaluated. You have pain on the right side when you urinate or when you are breathing heavy. Urinary tract infections (UTI) can start from the tip of your urethra to the kidneys. UTI's that affect the bladder usually cause lower abdominal pain when you urinate. UTI that migrates to the kidneys are known as pyelonephritis. Pyelonephritis can cause right sided flank pain and are usually associated with fevers and nausea. If you are a woman, your risks of UTI's are higher than in men. Other causes of a right sided abdominal pain include ovarian cysts or ovarian torsion if you are a woman. Another possibility is a possible kidney stone. Kidney stones could be lodged in the ureter that connects your kidney's to the bladder. They cause pain when the ureter contracts against the stone. If you have pain when you are urinating, you should also get tested to ensure that you do not have any sexually transmitted diseases. Again, you should make an appointment with your primary care doctor to have basic test such as a urinalysis. They can evaluate you further to determine if you need any further tests such as ultrasounds or abdominal imaging studies.

• Dr. Curtis Scott Horn
    Dr. Curtis Scott Horn MD
    6402 N New Braunfels Ave
    San Antonio, TX 78209
  • Dr. Ashok Sinha
    Dr. Ashok Sinha DO
    1569 Buford Dr
    Lawrenceville, GA 30043
  • Dr. Rekha Singh
    Dr. Rekha Singh MD
    1300 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
    Suwanee, GA 30024