Why do I have all the symptoms for anemia but I'm not?

Hi! I have almost all the symptoms of anemia (everything from hair loss to dizzy/fainting spells, tingling in my hands, paleness, tired, etc.) but I took a blood test and don't have anemia! What could it be? (also had thyroid, and various vitamin tests done- came back normal. The only thing that was low was my vitamin D which I have none of the symptoms for but continue to take supplements for it.)
Thanks for your question. I recommend that you continue to work with your doctor. The symptoms of anemia are some of the very non specific symptoms that patients have that can be difficult to pinpoint an exact cause for. Most of the symptoms that you are describing can have multiple causes. For example, hair loss can come from multiple hormonal abnormalities but is not usually considered as one of the first symptoms of anemia. Fatigue is very common among those who have low levels of hemoglobin, because (among other things) the red blood cells carry oxygen to the various parts of the body, and oxygen is necessary for energy creation. Because vitamin d has been noted to cause a number of different symptoms, it is important to make sure that you remain on supplements to keep these levels appropriate. As this is a supplement that stores up in your body, it can take some amount of time before these levels have been repleted and returned to baseline. There are many other things that can also cause these symptoms, as above, and thyroid problems would be one of the obvious causes as well. Speaking with your doctor is a good first start, as are the lab tests you have had done. Please continue to work with your doctor, and perhaps consider a consultation to sleep medicine and rheumatology as well.