Could this be a hernia?

A few days ago I noticed my belly button was starting to bleed and it had a clear liquid secreting from it. As I got to looking around, I found a small "lump" inside my belly button and that appears to be where it is coming from. I got it to stop bleeding by putting triple antibiotic in it, but now I am worried about the small bump there though and whether it might be a hernia or something else. It doesn't hurt when touched or pressed on and I am able to work but I have been taking it really easy. Any idea what it might be and should I be scheduling a trip to the doctor next week sometime?
A hernia is a weakness in a tissue layer of your abdominal wall called the fascia. Normal contents within your abdomen, such as bowel or fat, can protrude through this weakness and appear as a bump on your abdomen. An umbilical hernia is located in or very close to your belly button. You should talk to your doctor to see if you may have a hernia. Hernias can appear as a soft, painless bump that you may notice more when bending forward or straining. If abdominal content such as fat or bowel protrude into the hernia and get caught, you may experience pain and notice a change in the hernia from soft to firm. This is concerning for an incarcerated hernia, a hernia that has trapped and reduced blood supply to the abdominal contents protruding into it. You may also experience nausea and/or vomiting associated with this condition. This should be evaluated urgently by a physician. However, a lump can be many different things. You may have a skin abscess, a collection of pus that can form underneath your skin. Alternatively, you may have a pilar cyst (a cyst that forms around a hair follicle). It is not possible to receive a diagnosis without being evaluated by a doctor; thus, I strongly advise that you consult with your primary care physician to talk about your lump and whether you may have a hernia that may require evaluation by a general surgeon.

Other Surgeons